1. Wild by Cheryl Strayed sees a woman hike the
Pacific Crest Trail from the Mojave Desert, through California, Oregon and
2. On The Road by Jack Kerouac is a classic and
follows the authors years of travelling the continent alongside his friend Neal
3. Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck sees the
iconic author and his dog Charley travel from Maine to Monterey to rediscover
4. State By State, edited by Matt Weiland &
Sean Wilsey brings together some of the country’s most well known writers in an
appreciation of all 50 states.
5. Beauty Tips From Moose Jaw by Will Ferguson is a
book of witty observations of the authors travels across Canada, from
Newfoundland in the east to Victoria in the west.
6. The Lost Continent by Bill Bryson sees the
author travel 14,000 miles from his home in Iowa, across 38 states, delivering
his trademark wit along the way.
7. All Gone To Look for America by Peter Millar
follows the author as he travels from New York to Los Angeles (and back again)
by the almighty AMTRAK and the railroads that built the USA.
8. Wayfaring Stranger by Emma John follows the
author as she rediscovers her love of music and, in doing so, finds her
spiritual home in America's Deep South.
9. To Shake The Sleeping Self by Jedidiah
Jenkins takes us on a journey of self discovery alongside the author as he
cycles from Oregon to Patagonia.
Posted by: AmeriCan and Worldwide Travel
Posted on: 08/09/2020