Photography Triple Z Threadz. Credit Philip Nelson.
Any day is a good day to shop, but you’ll find special deals in many Austin stores during Small Business Saturday. Plan a visit to these locally owned businesses that are sure to become your new Austin favorites.
1. Find the perfect western-style pearl snap shirt, graphic tees and cult faves at Triple Z Threadz, a shop with a serious sense of humor.
2. Frankie Jean is a design house and lifestyle brand featuring pieces by Austin artists and makers, including women’s apparel and home decor.
3. Fortress of Inca carries fair trade boots and shoes handcrafted exclusively in Peru by family-operated workshops and factories.
4. Parts & Labour offers a well-curated selection of locally made art, apparel and jewelry on swank South Congress Avenue.
5. Look good while staying active with Rae Cosmetics, which are mineral based and formulated to resist sweat, heat and humidity, providing long-lasting, lightweight coverage.
6. End of an Ear record shop stocks an extensive selection of vinyl and CDs in music genres that include indie, pop, jazz, soul and funk.
7. Bring home an Austin souvenir for your fluffy or feathered friend from Tomlinson’s Feed, which stocks an extensive selection of pet toys and healthy treats.
8. Surprise your little one with a handmade toy from Terra Toys, which features dolls, games and collectibles from around the world.
9. Pick up a bottle of premium extra-virgin olive oil or aged balsamic vinegar at the family-run Con’ Olio, which also offers a tasting bar and classes.
10. Wheatsville Food Co-Op is an all-natural grocery store that offers a large selection of local products along with affordable, high-quality goods that are guaranteed organic, non-GMO and humanely raised.
Posted by: Visit Austin
Posted on: 09/10/2019